Nordic Naturals is committed to conducting business with honesty and integrity and is dedicated to making a difference. This includes the elimination of harmful practices such as human trafficking and slavery. Our company does not and will not engage in such despicable practices, and we refuse to do business with companies that engage in or support the practices of human trafficking and slavery.
On January 1, 2012, The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act went into effect in the State of California. This law requires manufacturers and retailers to make certain disclosures regarding their efforts to address the issue of slavery and human trafficking in their supply chain. In compliance with this Act, Nordic Naturals discloses the following:
1. Verification. Nordic Naturals engages in verification activities to identify, assess and manage the risks of human trafficking and slavery in its product supply chain. The company does not use a third-party verifier.
2. Audits. Nordic Naturals conducts an audit of any new supplier and conducts annual audits of its existing suppliers to evaluate compliance with company standards for human trafficking and slavery in its supply chain. These audits are not done by a third party and are not unannounced.
3. Certification. Nordic Naturals only does business with suppliers who comply with the labor laws of the countries in which they do business and requires direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the countries in which they are doing business.
4. Internal Accountability. Nordic Naturals is in the process of developing internal accountability standards and procedures for suppliers or contractors failing to meet our company standards regarding slavery and human trafficking.
5. Training. Nordic Naturals is developing a plan to provide company employees and management who have direct responsibility for supply chain management training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chain of products.